Orecchiette e cime de rape
A typical dish of Italian marvelous land: Puglia!
This recipe has very old traditions and grandmothers
still make homemade orecchiette (ear shaped pasta).Ingredients
(For 4 people)300 g orecchiette (pasta)1 kg turnip1 garlic clove100 g pugliese extra virgin olive oil2 salted fillets of anchoviesbread crumbschilli to taste Instructions
- Select the tender leaves and the tops of the turnips.
- Clean, wash and dry the turnips.
- Heat the oil and lightly fry the garlic in a large pan, add 2 salted fillets of anchovies.
- Put a little oil in another pan and fry the bread crumbs until golden brown.
- Boil the turnip tops and leaves in salted water for 10 minutes. Then add orecchiette and boil them altogether for 8-10 minutes.
- Strain orecchiette and turnips.
- Mix pasta, turnips and sautéed anchovies.
- Serve it with the toasted bread and chili on the top.